When it comes to campfire cooking, there are endless possibilities. But sometimes, you just want a classic recipe that is tried and true. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of our 10 favorite campfire recipes, perfect for any camping trip. From s’mores to hot dogs, these recipes will make your camping trip even more enjoyable.
1. S’mores – Of course, s’mores are a campfire classic. They’re easy to make and always a hit with kids and adults alike. All you need are some graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows.
2. Grilled cheese sandwiches – An oldie but a goodie! Butter the outside of your bread, place your cheese inside, and grill over the fire until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted.
3. Campfire pizza – Another great way to use foil! Create your own mini pizzas by topping a piece of foil with pizza sauce, cheese, and your favorite toppings. Then, place the foil directly on the hot coals and let it cook for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
4. Fireside banana boats – Slice a banana lengthwise, but don’t cut all the way through. Stuff the banana with marshmallows, chocolate, and nuts, then wrap in foil. Place the banana on the hot coals for a few minutes until everything is melted and gooey.
5. Coffee can pie – This one takes a little bit of prep work beforehand, but it’s worth it! Line a coffee can with pie crust, fill it with your favorite pie filling, and then place the lid on top. Wrap the entire can in foil, making sure it’s sealed tight. Put it on the hot coals and let it cook for about an hour. When it’s done, carefully open the can and enjoy your fresh-baked pie!
6. Campfire Cobbler – Another great dessert option! Mix together your favorite fruit, some sugar, and a bit of flour. Pour the mixture into a Dutch oven or other pot, top with biscuit dough or pie crust, and then place it on the hot coals. Let it cook for about an hour, until the fruit is bubbly and the dough is cooked through.
7. Hobo packs – These are so easy and versatile! Simply put whatever you want inside a foil packet (we like potatoes, vegetables, and meat), seal it up, and place it on the hot coals. Let it cook for about 30 minutes, then open it up and enjoy!
8. Campfire cones – These are a fun twist on traditional ice cream cones! Start by lining a cone with foil, then fill it with your favorite ice cream flavor. Top with another piece of foil, sealing it well. Place the cone on its side on the hot coals and let it cook for about 5 minutes, until the ice cream is soft and melted. Carefully remove the foil and enjoy your campfire cone!
9. Campfire nachos – These are a favorite around our campfire! Simply place tortilla chips on a piece of foil, top with cheese, beans, meat, and whatever other toppings you like. Wrap it up tightly in the foil and place it on the hot coals for about 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Carefully open the foil and enjoy your nachos right out of the package!
10. Campfire cinnamon rolls – These are a delicious treat that’s perfect for breakfast or dessert! Simply place cinnamon rolls on a piece of foil, wrap them up tightly, and place them on the hot coals. Let them cook for about 10 minutes, until they’re warmed through. Carefully open the foil and enjoy your warm, gooey cinnamon rolls!
What’s your favorite campfire recipe? Let us know in the comments below!